Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Mama and her Boo

For those of us who have pets, we are well aware how easily they become much-loved members of our families.  They add a big spark to our lives and cherish us more than we will ever have the capacity to understand, and vise-versa.  I read a quote not too long ago (sorry but I cannot remember who said it): "I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am."  Needless to say, when they get sick, our hearts hurt.
I met Vanessa during my trip to St. John.  We were roomies, and it was there that I first heard the name 'Boo Radley'.  Not long afterward, I met this sweet soul in person.  I have not spent too much time with him but I am well aware how close to Vanessa's heart Boo resides.  She recently found out Boo has terminal cancer, and I was honored when she asked me to come over and photograph her and her love.  Boo and Vanessa, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Photographs taken with Contax 645 (all color) and Canon 1V (BW).  Portra 400, FujiPro 400, and Kodak BW400CN.  Developed and scanned at RPL.


5 comments:

anya said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, Tamara. And what a gorgeous dog.

Mariana said...

I ADORED these!!! insane... Tamara, these are super great. Boo looks great in all the pics, so wise, so human like. These are definitely to be treasured!

Lauren said...

I could look at these all day :) Beautiful.

ali said...

What a beautiful relationship, captured so thoughtfully. My thoughts are prayers are with Vanessa & Boo.

paige elizabeth said...

Oh these are beautiful! And truly priceless...