Friday, September 2, 2011

A Foiled Birthday Plan

Happy 2nd Birthday to my treasured love, George! George, I love you more than I could possibly express through words. Even my heart is not big enough to contain the absolute joy you bring to my life. You are so expressive and full of personality; and you are so affectionate. Your blue eyes draw me into your world every time. I love when you grab my hand and say, "Let's go, Mama," and lately if I ask you a question you answer with "because".  You sing songs to yourself before you drift off to sleep. I just can't believe you've gone from my pudgy newborn to my big born 2-year-old!
We didn't have big plans for George on his birthday, but we at least had a little something. He's really into superheros at the moment, so I drew him an almost life-size Superman and invited a couple friends over for pizza and cake. I also planned on making him a Spiderman cake that I ran around for frantically yesterday trying to obtain the last needed items. Well, last night at about 10 p.m. James woke up totally sick with what I had earlier in the week. Needless to say, we had to cancel our birthday event for G-Love. He hadn't a clue, but I sure was bummed! We still had a good day though. Jessica brought Batman cupcakes accompanied by trick candles, and I took Superman, George, and James out to the backyard for a few instant photos before Superman gets torn or colored on by unaccompanied markers. (James is doing much better today, by the way).

Polaroid 600SE; Fuji 100

No comments: