Monday, April 19, 2010

Photo Project 2010

I'm determined to get some of our old family photos scanned and have decided 2010 is the year to do it. Okay, so this leaves me with a big window to finish being that we still have loads of time left, but I still feel like it's a solid goal. I started the project tonight and really love looking through all the old photographs, hoping I might possibly be able to jump right in and live that moment over again. Seeing all of our smiley faces, me loving on my mom, dad, and sisters, the overall tone of the pictures make me feel quite nostalgic, even a little sad, for time lost, though not forgotten. Now that I have my own family, I can only imagine the hopes and dreams my parents had for their little ones and the sacrifices they made to ensure the happiest childhoods possible.
Below is my first round of scanning. These are in no particular order, but it just so happens the ones I have are mostly from when I was a baby through elementary school. As evidenced below, I love how my mom made notes on the back of most all the photos, detailing person(s), year, and possible situation...so cute.











1 comment:

CindyC said...

Your mom looks exactly like Kristen in this photo - it's uncanny!

Miss ya!

Cindy