Friday, September 21, 2012

Summer 2012 - At the Lake

I'm starting to catch up on things that happened during the summer. At the beginning of July the family and I packed up our stuff and boarded a plane for the Michigan. It was there we began our 5-week journey away from home, visiting the Camajs, and eventually the Forrelli clan in Boston. There is nothing like summer on the east cost (in my opinion). The smells, the light, the sounds.....nothing can compare. We spent the late afternoons sitting on Nan's deck around her table feeding the baby and watching the kids play. I have to admit it was bloody HOT when we first arrived, with temperatures reaching near 100 degrees. But when the sun started retreating a bit around 4pm we were able to let the kids loose in the yard and relish the experience.

One of the evenings we were invited to spend some time at the family lake house that belonged to family friends of ours, the Knapps. Lake living is something I've always been intrigued by, maybe because I was fortunate enough to get a taste back in high school when my friends, Julie and Jodie, would invite me to spend some time with their family on Lake Winipesakee. Anyway, I've always held a special place in my heart for lake living and hope to one day have a small house of our own to share with the boys. The boats, the waters, the activity.....it all feels so familiar and adventurous at the same time. 

Here's a small glimpse into our evening there:



Contax 645; FujiPro 400H; Indie Film Lab









No comments: