Monday, August 22, 2011

All About George (Mostly)

This post is (mostly) dedicated to my Georgeous. First, I wanted to share a post that my super-talented friend, Tory, of Photography by Victoria, put together for us after she came to photograph Cash, the boys, and me 10 days after Cash was born. If anyone is looking for a newborn photographer in the Southern California area I highly recommend her! You can see the post here: Queen of Her Castle. I will treasure these photographs forever.
Next up I have some images to share that I shot of my George last week. These were taken using Kodak BW400 CN on my Canon 1V. I really love this film, even though it is not a "true" BW. I overexposed it by two stops. I really like the way they turned out, but I'm wondering...what do you think? Are you a fan?
Overall George has been really great with the new baby. He always asks to touch his head or his nose whenever I am holding him and does it with the most care he could possibly demonstrate for an almost 2-year-old. He's curious about his eating and helps me out by voluntarily throwing away Cash's dirty diapers (not bad, huh?). On the other hand, I've noticed he has become a bit more clingy to me and asks me to pick him up a lot more. It was tough as first because George is a hefty boy and I wasn't cleared to pick up anything heavier than my newborn. Today I decided to spend some one-on-one time with my second born and we ventured all the way across the street to the park to play some ball and ride his scooter. It was such much need time away together, and I enjoyed every moment.

Okay, I can't help but post some of James and George together. They are really starting to play nicely together for longer periods of time. George is all about doing what James does and it is so cute. After all the hard work (still on-going), I am so happy they are close together in age. I think they will be the best of pals throughout life. 
Canon 1V; Kodak BW400CN; Fromex


1 comment:

Jana Kleitsch said...

I like the film. In fact I like it so much from these beautiful photos you posted that I'm going to load some into my Nikon F100 (as soon as I get that focusing issue fixed, that is!) You make beautiful babies Tamara (and photos too)! Congrats.